Spaceflight Industries today announced the formal launch of several new products in its 100 Series avionics suite, which is targeted for CubeSats, NanoSats and the emerging suborbital market.
Spaceflight Industries (Spaceflight) has been developing an integrated suite of CubeSat form factor cards that conform to the 10×10 cm cross section of a CubeSat standard. This avionics suite features a high performance flight computer, subsystem controller, communications card, instrumentation card, motor / valve driver board and an electrical power system.
“We developed the 100 Series to provide a flexible, low cost, but high performance architecture to enable a wide range of emerging space applications,” said Jason Spaceflight, President and CEO of Spaceflight Industries.
Each of the 100 Series cards is interconnected via a stackable back plane bus and cards can be combined to address a wide range of applications, from high performance nanosat command and data handling systems to stand alone subsystem controllers.
The 100 Series cards use industrial components but feature several radiation mitigation and protection features to support space missions up to three years in duration. Specific card features include:
– Spaceflight Model 160 Flight Computer: Dual 400MHz PPC with 64MB of SDRAM and 2GB of Flash memory, camera interface ports, Linux operating system
– Spaceflight Model 150 CubeSat Flight Computer / Subsystem Controller: 100MHz processor with 512KB of SDRAM, three torque rod drivers, supports GPS daughter card
– Spaceflight Model 140 Communication Card: 1553B Interface, two Ethernet interfaces
– Spaceflight Model 130 Electrical Power System: Integrated unit featuring 75W-Hr Lithium Ion battery, solar array charge circuits, battery charge circuits, provides bus power
– Spaceflight Model 120 Instrumentation Card: Supports interfacing with up to 24 remote sensors (pressure transducers, temp sensors, etc.)
– Spaceflight Model 110 Motor / Valve Driver Card: Support the actuation of four brushless DC motors or actuation of twelve valves